A life changing experience !
Challenging and Rewarding !
Your life can make a difference in this world !
THANK YOU ! ! !
For making a year long commitment to yourself and to World Peace, Understanding, and Goodwill ! ! !
Long-Term Program - Steps To Success:
You have embarked upon a journey and undertaken a commitment that will be life changing. The year long program provides a special opportunity for you to discover yourself in a new culture. You will learn a new language, different ways of doing things, and be exposed to a new school system. You will meet new life-long friends, be able to call new parents 'mom' or 'dad' and mean it in a very special way. Your hosting Rotarians can show you many ways to be of service to others, and can expose you to various career paths. You are a special person because you have the unique opportunity to have a year of discernment to determine why you are on this earth and what you will do with your life--a time to realize that you are here to make a difference.
In order for you to enter your host country and stay as part of Rotary Youth Exchange, your stay must be legally documented by your host country government. The various tabs under Long-Term Exchange will explain the process and vital information pertaining to your travels. Specific details will be provided in your Document Pack once your host country has finalized and released information regarding proper documentation to It's Your World - Travel! Then with the support of Rotary both here and in your host country, we will determine your departure date and destination airport. Once you have been legally documented by your host country government and your ticket has been finalized, we will provide you with a list of "to do's", so you don't forget anything. But, as with many things in life, there is a set order to making this happen in an efficient manner. Be sure to thoroughly read all the tabs in the Long Term Exchange to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the specifics.
So here is . . .
KEY POINTS TO YOUR SUCCESS IN THIS PROCESS
- You must first complete the online Registration Form for the Long Term Program
- If you have registered without providing a copy of your valid passport, you must provide a scanned copy of your SIGNED and VALID passport as soon as it is available.
- Continue signing in to your online profile to review items you need to complete, what documents are still missing or sent back to you for correction, and for any updates that often occur. We must have all documents from BOTH you and Rotary in your host country before we can submit your file to the consulate to apply for your legal authority for entry
- When you AND Rotary return all REQUIRED and COMPLETED documents for your legal entry, we submit them to your host country government, as necessary, for their approval. BE PATIENT as we wait for this approval--as it can take up to 8 weeks.
- Itineraries/Tickets are NOT prepared or issued until legal authority to enter your host country has been granted.
- Once you have received legal authority to enter you host country and your ticket has been issued, go to the Day of Departure tab and re-familiarize yourself with these instructions. Any original documents, such as your passport, or other original documents not held by the consulate will be sent back via FedEx or another traceable courier prior to your departure. So, be sure, you have completed the Delivery Tab.
- After you have entered your host country, follow any instructions about legalizing your stay in your host country upon arrival